The sexual abuse of children is more common than you may think.
HERE ARE SOME SHOCKING NUMBERS
- Ninety-three percent of children who are sexually abused knew, trusted or loved their attackers.
- Sixty-seven percent of sexual assault victims are under 18, 34 percent are under age 12, and 14 percent are under age six.
- One in four girls and one in six boys will be sexually abused before their 18th birthday.
- Forty-five percent of pregnant teens report a history of child sexual abuse.
- One in five children is sexually solicited while online.
At Family and Children’s Services we provide comprehensive counseling by specially trained professionals to children adolescents and families who are experiencing the effects of emotional, sexual and/or physical abuse. We offer a safe, trusting and nurturing environment and help empower individuals to move from being victims to becoming survivors and beginning the healing process.